Protect Your Home From Thieves
Empty houses are attractive targets for thieves, but following these tips can help protect your home while you are travelling.
- Keep it to yourself. Don’t post your vacation plans or on social networking sites as this can alert thieves to an empty house.
- Get a house sitter. Have someone stay or ask a trusted neighbour to check-in daily.
- Set timers. Set lights on timers in different rooms of your home.
- Newspapers and mail. Suspend newspaper delivery and have someone pick up your mail daily.
- Maintain your yard. Arrange to have your lawn cut and your grass and flowers
For more homeowner tips and home insurance savings ideas, contact Morison Insurance at 1-800-463-8074
or visit us at www.morisoninsurance.ca
Morison Insurance Broker: Insuring your peace of mind.