Tips to protect your home and property from water damage
Tips to protect your home and property from water damage:
- Install a backwater valve which will automatically close if sewage backs up from the main sewer.
- Inspect all plumbing for signs of cracks or leaks, and replace older plumbing.
- Inspect appliances, especially washing machines and dishwasher hoses, and replace them with steel braided hoses.
- Install water monitors that alert you if a leak occurs and will shut off the main water supply.
- Find and seal any cracks in foundation walls and basement floor.
- Install a sump pump with battery backup, check it regularly to ensure it is in working order.
- Direct downspouts at least 6 feet away from your home's foundation.
- Ensure your roof doesn't have loose or curled shingles.
- If you have a septic system, have it pumped and serviced regularly.
Contact us for expert advice on water damage coverage and the right insurance protection for you.