Insurance Claims Specialist
Location: Simcoe, Ontario
Morison Insurance is currently seeking a positive and enthusiastic individual to join our team of insurance professionals as a Claim Specialist.
An Insurance Claim Specialist will support our Personal Lines Client Account Managers by proactively assisting clients through all aspects of a claim: from the initial report to the final settlement, and beyond. This position will also provide learning and development opportunities for an individual looking to advance their career.
We are looking for a team player who can manage the following responsibilities:
- Offer professional guidance to our clients through claims counselling conversations
- Consistently provide quality customer service by clearly communicating with our clients, outlining expectations and next steps
- Accurately request and obtain required information from the client in order to issue New Loss Notice to the insurance company
- Promptly issue and report new claims to the insurance company
- Contact our customers within 24 hours of the initial report to ensure that an adjuster has been in contact and the claim is progressing smoothly. Maintain customer contact during the claim and follow up to ensure the claim went smoothly
- Effectively communicate with Claim Adjusters
- Assist clients with any challenges that may arise during the process and escalate any required items to the adjuster, or claims manager, when necessary
- Update managers on any issues that may require escalation. Keep the client account manager updated regarding the claim.
- Strive to make the claims experience an efficient and positive one
- Thoroughly document all conversations using the EPIC & Blue Butler systems
- Update the broker management system by accurately capturing and inputting claims data/information
- Share any notable issues throughout the claims process with the dedicated Client Account Manager
- Administer Proof of Loss and claim cheque requirements, when required
- Upon settlement, connect clients with their dedicated Client Account Manager for resultant changes to their policy
- Provide additional support through other Broker related responsibilities, as necessary
Skills You Will Need To Succeed
The following skills are a requirement for this position:
- RIBO license required, other industry designations such as CAIB or CIP would be an asset
- A college diploma, university degree, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of insurance experience with strong claim and coverage knowledge in all lines of Personal Insurance.
- Possess strong problem-solving and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills including listening, empathy, tact & diplomacy
- A positive and keen attitude to meet our customers’ needs
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- An ability to quickly adapt and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
Values We Live By
- Go Beyond - Be exceptional, shine brightly
- Evolve - Think outside the box
- Own It - Empowered to deliver
- Our Promise - Do the right thing
- Unified - Together as one
What We Offer
- Group RRSP-Company matching monthly amount
- Group Benefit Plan (Health, Dental, and Vision)
- Paid Personal Days along with Paid Vacation
- Extra Paid Days off at Christmas
- Competitive Salary
- Monday to Friday Work Schedule – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- 35-hour work week
- Offices close early on Fridays of Long Weekends from May to October
- Dedicated in-house Staff Trainer
- Reimbursement for Continuing Education
- Full commission on Employee Home and Auto Policies
- Employee Incentive Programs
- Exciting Company Social Events
Where To Apply
If you’re passionate about kickstarting your career in insurance, check out #LifeAtMorison by visiting https://www.morisoninsurance.ca/join-our-team/life-at-morison/
Or check out our LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/morisoninsurance/
Morison Insurance prides itself on being an equal-opportunity employer. Disability-related accommodations are available on request during any/all stages of the application process.
For more information regarding disability-related accommodation, please advise the interviewer during the recruitment and selection process.
Morison Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Morison Insurance is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of the hiring process. If you have any special requirements, please advise the interviewer during the recruitment and selection process.