Be Winter Weather Prepared!
Winter weather can pack a wallop and it’s best to have your home winter-ready. Here are a few tips:
OUTSIDE YOUR HOME
- Clean eaves troughs and downspouts to ensure proper drainage
- Repair damage on the outside of your home, including cracks or storm damage
- Caulk window trim and door frames
- Check your roof and flashing for repairs
- Install weather stripping on exterior doors and windows
- Winterize your pool or hot tub
- Turn off the water supply to outdoor taps after the taps have been left open to drain completely. Leave the taps in the open position until the spring
- Always clear snow away from the foundation of your house
INSIDE YOUR HOME
- Check heat-duct and water-pipe insulation
- Inspect any washing machine and dishwasher hoses for cracks or leaks, and clean the filters
- Learn the location of, and how to use, the water shut-off valve
- Have the furnace and air conditioner professionally serviced annually
- Have any chimneys cleaned annually and repaired as needed
Looking for Home Insurance?
Are you in the market for home insurance? Contact the home insurance specialists – Morison Insurance. Our brokers are here to ensure your biggest investment is properly protected.
This blog is provided for information only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Please call our Morison Insurance brokers at 1-800-463-8074 for more information.