Select Page

Why You Need Tenants Insurance

Tenants Insurance Essentials

Whether you live in an apartment building, rent a house or a basement apartment, tenants insurance is what you need to protect the belongings you have worked so hard for.

The landlords is responsible to insure the building and any contents they own.

As a tenant, you are responsible to insure your own personal belongings.

Tenants insurance provides protection for your personal belongings in the event of a claim. As you are not insuring a home or dwelling, tenants insurance is usually less expensive than homeowner insurance.

Did you know?

In the event of a fire if you are forced to evacuate your apartment or rented home/condo, if you have tenants insurance your policy will cover temporary living expenses while your residence is being repaired such as a hotel stay.

Did you know?

If you have car insurance, by placing your tenants policy with the same company you can save money on both policies as most companies offer discounts for packaging your policies together.

Did you know?

Previous tenants insurance may also help you get better rates for home insurance in the future as you may be eligible for more discounts such as claims free or a loyalty discount.

Contact one of our brokers at Morison Insurance to provide you with a Tenants insurance quote to insure your belongings are protected in the event of a loss.


– Written by our broker Tammy

This blog is provided for information only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Please call our Morison Insurance brokers at 1-800-463-8074 for more information.

Get Your Insurance Quote in Minutes!

Get In Touch

At Morison Insurance we represent dozens of Canada’s best insurance companies. All provide competitive prices, excellent service and outstanding claims service. We will shop at all of these companies to get you the best insurance for your individual needs.

Morison Insurance Brokers Inc. Logo